ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "Russia"
To sign "Russia," drag the side of your index finger backwards across your chin, then flick the finger downward. Think of wiping "ale" from your chin and flinging it to the floor.
Notes: Some pics of me signing Russia from a while ago:
There is an older sign for Russia in which you put your hands on your hips twice as if doing a Russian dance move. (The handshapes are "5-hands). The palm orientation is downward, the fingers point forward, and the thumbs point backwards. The web of the thumb (of each hand) makes contact twice with your hip.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars