ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "noun"
Form your non-dominant hand into an "H" handshape.
Form your dominant hand into a modified "N" handshape (the index and middle fingers are bent at the large knuckle and straight at the other knuckles).
Hold the "H" hand in front of you pointing to the side. Hold the "N" hand an inch above the "H" hand. Lower the N hand and touch the fingertips to the "H" hand, raise the "N" hand an inch and then move it down again to touch the "H" hand a second time.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars