ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: GIVE / grant / bestow / gift / award to
The phrase "Nice to meet you" is signed by combining the ASL signs "NICE" and "MEET-you."
Also see: GIVE
Notes: The version of the sign for "give" that uses "X" handshapes generally includes a bit of "formality" in the meaning. It is less casual than the typical "give" sign (the one that is done with a flattened "O" handshape). The "X"-handshapes version of this sign could be listed as: GIVE-[bestow] can mean: bestow, bestows, bestowing, bestowed (to confer an honor, right or gift). Also means 'grant,' 'confer,' 'donate,' 'give,' gift' [verb], 'contribute,' and 'reward' [verb]. This sign can also mean the following which are nouns: 'donation,' 'gift' 'contribution,' 'pledge,' and 'reward.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars