ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
There is quite a bit of variation in the Deaf community regarding the sign for FIREMAN but most versions seem to be based on the cool hats.
ASL instructors need cool hats. I'm jealous.
I've been informed that fireman is no longer politically correct.
Thus I encourage you to go visit the "firefighter" page instead: FIREFIGHTER
The sign is the same though. Gee.
Memory aid: Think of the big red hats that firemen (sometimes) wear.
This sign uses a slight double motion. Tap the back of the hand on your forehead. Most folks do the tap twice but in a sentence you might only see it once.
Notes: For more information on this sign and variations, see: FIREFIGHTER-[advanced]
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy:
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars