ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "divorce"
The sign for "divorce" is made by first forming the letter "d" with both hands. Hold both hands together with the palms facing each other. With a twisting motion, move both hands outward and sideways so both palms face forward.
Memory Aid: Think of two objects or two people that were once together as now being apart.
DIVORCE (non-initialized version):
The sign for divorce is very similar to the sign for "separate" or "apart." The sign for "separate" is made by touching both hands together at the knuckles. The hands should both be bent. Now, move the hands away from each other.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy:
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars