ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "cupcake"
There are lots of opinions regarding the sign for "cupcake."
I'll show you what I use. Plus I'll show you a couple of the main versions you might see out there.
See also: [CAKE]
CUPCAKE: Cake, muffin, pastry...
I tend to use this version to mean "muffin," "cupcake," or small pastries.
The sign uses a "double movement."
CUPCAKE: "hybrid version"
Some people spell "cup" then sign cake. Or they sign cup and spell cake.
CUPCAKE: (CUP+CAKE version)
This version does the sign for CUP and the sign for CAKE.
As with most compound signs, this sign gets drops any double movement of the individual signs.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy:
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars