ASL Lessons | Bookstore | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: blow-dry / blow-dryer / hair-dryer
To sign "blow dry" or "blow-dryer" just mime using an "L" hand as if it were a blow-dryer.
I personally don't get much use out of this sign.
BLOW DRY / BLOW-DRYER / HAIR-DRYER:
For the "verb" form do the sign a bit larger = blow dry.
For the "noun" form, do the sign smaller and use a sign like MY or YOUR before the sign and don't use the puckered lips. Example: MY BLOW-DRY WHERE? = Where is my blow-dryer?
Also see: HAIRDRYER [it is the same sign]
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars