ASL University ►
LOAN-[borrow, lend, keep]
RIGHT-[alright, right-(direction), right-(correct), rights-societal)]
Practice sheet 42.A
01. YOU SOMETIMES PASS CLASS BY-A-HAIR YOU?
02. YOUR GRANDMOTHER DIE?
03. YOU HIT YOUR BROTHER?
04. YOU-MIND you-LOAN-me 5-DOLLAR?
05. HAPPEN YOU PROMISE SOMETHING, LATER YOU ALWAYS PROCEED D-O I-T YOU?
Practice sheet 42.B
06. THIS CLASS, YOU WANT QUIT?
07. LAST-TEST ["final_exam"], YOU READY YOU?
08. RESTROOM WHERE?
09. CHILDREN-rt, ADULTS-lf, THEIR-rt RIGHTS-[societal], THEIR-lf RIGHTS-[societal], YOU THINK SHOULD SAME?
10. TOMORROW RAIN? GAME CANCEL.
Practice sheet .42.C
11. APPOINTMENT YOU SLIPPED-MIND EASY?
12. YOU-MIND I SMOKE?
13. EGG Y-O-L-K YOU LIKE SOFT-rt, HARD-lf, WHICH?
14. MOST RIVER STRAIGHT?
15. QUOTE TRAIN-GONE what-MEAN? (“What does “train-gone” mean?)
Practice sheet 42.
16. YOU WANT TRANSFER-[switch-over] OTHER SIGN CLASS YOU?
17. PHONE YOU HAVE what-KIND?
18. NOW-MORNING, YOU what-DO?
19. YOU BORN WHERE?
20. YOU THINK TODAY N-I-C-E?
Idioms: ASL has a number of genuine
idioms. See: "ASL Idioms"
National Captioning Institute
Note: Most adults know what an egg yolk is. But what if you were talking
to a child who didn't know what that meant? By signing "yellow round-thing"
it would be clear that you were talking about a yolk. You could sign "YELLOW
CL:C-"index and thumb."
Note: “What does “train-gone” mean? Deaf people use this sign to mean
"you missed it" and we aren't going to take the time to rehash the story so
you can know what we are talking about.
You can learn
American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT
End of lesson. Please move on to the next
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant
construction. Below may be sentences, signs, or other material that is
being phased out of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased
into the lesson: