Discussion topic: Manually Coded English
___ Discussion topic: "Classifier
___ Discussion topic:
"Classifier 3" (CL:3)
I am able to recognize and
sign the practice sentences and story for this lesson
I have taken the
Vocabulary Practice Quiz
___ I have taken the general
practice quiz for this lesson. See:
Where are the rest of the videos of Dr. Bill signing one-on-one with a
student for lessons 16 through 30?
Answer: Those videos are available on the Superdisk (DVD in the
ASLU Bookstore). See:
Also, they are available for $19.95 as a download from:
HERE ("Sellfy" download
service). Note: The download is quite
substantial (900MB so use broadband and maybe do it
"overnight.") The file unzips into a folder with 15 videos
that display in any web browser capable of displaying Flash
("Classifier 3 handshape")
LEAVE-[depart] LEAVE-[leave-behind, abandon]
SEARCH-[look for, examine]
01. BICYCLE, HAVE YOU? (Do you have a bike?)
02. BOAT, BEFORE YOU? (Have you been on a boat before?)
03. YOU WANT BUILD your-SELF HOUSE? (Do you want to build your own
04. CAR CL:3/CL:3-"crash" HOW-MANY TIME YOU? (How many times have you
been in a car wreck?)
05. YOUR KEYS, YOU LOSE BEFORE?
Practice sheet 18.B
06. YOU THINK FIND NEW ADDRESS EASY? (Do you think finding new addresses
07. AIRPLANE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever been on an airplane before?)
08. YOU ENJOY what-DO? (What do you enjoy doing?)
09. HORSE, YOU RIDE-ON BEFORE? (Have you ever ridden a horse before?)
10. WISH HAVE your-SELF HELICOPTER YOU? (Do you wish you had your own
Practice sheet 18.C
HAVE YOU? (Do you have a motorcycle?)
12. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHY? (Why do you practice signing?)
13. YOU LEAVE-[go-away] THIS CLASS, what-TIME? (What time will you leave this class?)
14. HOW YOU SIGN "R-O-C-K-E-T"? (How do you sign "rocket?")
15. YOU SEARCH WORK YOU? (Are you looking for work?)
Practice sheet 18.D
16. YOUR CITY HAVE SUBWAY? (Is there a subway in your city?)
17. last-YEAR TICKET HOW-MANY YOU? (How many tickets did you get
18. TRAIN TRAVEL, YOU LIKE? (Do you like to travel by train?)
19. YOUR ASL BOOK, YOU LOSE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever lost your ASL
20. YOU PREFER CAR [bodyshift-"or"] TRUCK? (Do you prefer cars or trucks?)
► Manually Coded English
► "Classifier A" (CL:A)
Additional practice sentences:
01. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHERE?
02. TOMORROW YOU DOCTOR APPOINTMENT?
03. YOU RECENT EAT CEREAL?
04. YOU PREFER SOUP [bodyshift-"or"] SALAD?
05. YOU LOSE YOUR HEARING HOW-MANY TIME?
06. YOU TRAIN TRAVEL BEFORE YOU?
07. YOUR NEXT CLASS WHERE?
08. YOU GRADUATE WHEN?
09. YOU FIND YOUR ASL BOOK?
10. YOU SEARCH-[looking_for] DEAF CENTER YOU?
For a practice quiz,
visit: Lesson 18
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded
quizzes for this lesson.
Want to help support
ASL University? It's easy:
(You don't need a PayPal account. Just look for the credit card
logos and click continue.)
Another way to help is to buy Dr. Bill's "Superdisk."
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is
CHECK IT OUT >
Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription
Extension of ASLU)
CHECK IT OUT >
Bandwidth slow? Check out "ASLUniversity.com" (a
free mirror of
Lifeprint.com less traffic, fast access)